Saturday, January 30, 2016

Playing with layers x 2

Happy end of the week!

This week we've been sharing projects that feature the art of layering.

This is one thing that I do on each and every layout and card. It is a great way to give dimension and variety to your projects.

For this post I created two layouts- I wanted to do just one more before I break into my February kit.


For this page I started as I tend to do- I layered a piece of cardstock over patterned paper to make the foundation of my layout. I added spray mist and from there started adding paper, stickers and my pictures. 


I like to create layers of different heights on my projects. Here I clustered sets of little hearts and added them to my page with foam adhesive. I added some detailing to the cork alphabet stickers, too.  


For this layout I wanted to find a fun way to use some of the tags in the Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit. I used four on this page, creating a little tag with pictures, stickers and other embellishments before adding them to my layout. 


I added some embellishments flat on the page (rub-ons, stickers) and others I adhered with foam adhesive to give more dimension to the page. I layered my title stickers on a piece of wood veneer. 

How do you use layers on your projects? 

We'd love to see! 

Have a great weekend and come back to see us on Monday!


1 comment:

Donna said...

These are both great!