Monday, September 26, 2016

{Best Big Sister}- A Layout with the "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit

 Happy Monday!  It's Meridy here again and I'm sharing a double page layout today using the "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit.  This week the design team is creating layouts about "Sibling Love". 

I shared a layout last month of my daughter helping paint stripes on her bedroom wall, a few people asked to see the final product, and you can see that in the layout I'm sharing today!!!  

My daughter was sitting on her bed working on homework, and put her baby brother up on the bed with her to "help".  It was so cute, that I had to take pictures!


I had so much fun with this kit, the colors are so light and airy, so putting the layout together was a breeze!  The first thing I did was loosely lay out where I wanted my photos to go, then I started adding the patterned papers across the top and the notched strips on either side of the layout.  


Creating the title was one of my favorite parts of putting the layout together.  I was able to use a few puffy stickers and both sets of letter stickers that came in the kit this month, as well as a wood veneer, some flowers, and a paper bow.


I added my journaling to the right hand side of my layout.  I used the roller stamp to stamp a few coordinating sentiments on the journaling block with pink ink.  I also included a few more embellishments to surround the journaling.


The very last thing I did on this layout was machine stitch around the perimeter and around each photo.  I think the stitching really added that finishing touch to the layout.  


Thank you for joining me today, stop back all week to see how the rest of the design team honors siblings in their layouts!




No comments: