Saturday, September 3, 2016

You Inspire Love & Laughter | Buttons and Bows Classic Kit

Hello! It's Laura Whitaker here today sharing my first layout using the September 2016 Buttons and Bows Classic Kit, this week the design team is showcasing projects that have the words "love" and "laughter" in the title. If you haven't yet had a chance to check out this months kit, here is a peek at it...


Once again I am loving the combination of manufacturers that Noel combined to create these kits, they are so amazing together! It is beautiful and fun and oh so girlie, and I have a few fun girlie pages that I am looking forward to creating, but I also wanted to challenge myself to create a layout that was not so girlie.  So that is what I am sharing today.


I used a fairly simple layout for my page, although I always think that the embellishing is what pulls it all together in the end, anyway.  While I was waiting for my kit to arrive, I had printed out these photos, one in colour hoping the colour of my sons shirt would coordinate with the peach tones in the kit, and one in black and white just in case it did not.  In the end I decided to use both photos even though they are the same shot.  I just liked the way they looked together - like an extra dose of happy!


You probably know by now that I love multi font titles, so even though there are two great alpha sets in the kit, I only used one on this page and then I die cut the word "laughter" with my Silhouette. I cut it in two colours not sure which I would prefer on my page, and then decided to stick them both down.  I hand printed the words "you inspire" onto the back of a die cut that was just the perfect size and shape to complete my title.




Embellishing is always super fun, especially when you have so many great goodies to play with.


Have you tried these Ranger Enamel Accents yet?  I had not, until I created this page, and I can tell you that I love them!  Although I did find that as a newbie, I was better at making small and medium shapes than larger ones.  I found this You-Tube video here to learn how to use them, in case you want to check it out.


I finished up my page, with some stitching, a date stamp and some white Mr. Huey's mist from my stash.  I have always loved the look of white mist on kraft paper.

As always, click on the image to be taken to my download page.

Before I let you go, I thought I would share the part of my title that I die cut with you, just in case you are a multi font title lover like me!

Supply List;  Pink Paislee Take Me Away" patterned papers #06 and #18 and wood accents; Crate Paper "Cute Girl" Cheery patterned paper and candy hearts; Simple Stores "Posh" Laugh Los patterned paper, 4 x 6 stickers, chipboard stickers, and decorator clips; Fancy Pants Millie and June puffy stickers, washi tape and die cuts; American Crafts sunflower and geyser cardstock; American Crafts Carefree Thickers; Ranger Enamel Accents.  (From my stash: Tim Holtz tiny attacher; white Mr. Huey's mist; Dear Lizzy date stamp; CTMH archival black ink.

There are a few of these kits left in the shop, you should consider getting your hands on one you will not regret it!  Thank you so much for visiting today! 
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

This is seriously so much fun! I love all the little details and how you used the same photo in both color and black and white. Awesome-ness!!!