Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Water's Edge with the High Five Classic Kit

Hey all!  I hope you are surviving the summer.  This week the design team is sharing either a monochromatic or rainbow color scheme.   For awhile I was having a hard time coming up with a page idea until we went to try out a local business that is supporting my son's marching band this year.  They named a drink after the marching bands field show - "The Water's Edge" and 50% of the proceeds go to the band.  I snapped a few cell phone pictures and as soon as I did I remembered the monochromatic challenge and knew I had a plan.

I pulled all the teal papers from the High Five Classic Kit and decided to use the large water print for my background.  I then cut from several other pattern papers the water droplets and my title.


I placed the two pictures and journaling among the title and water droplets and added the chipboard wave sticker and my subtitle underneath the main title.  Oh and yes I did spell "Island Splash" wrong.  I found out late nights plus TV watching do not make me a great speller and I didn't even notice until I had taken pictures.  The title is currently fixed ;)



Once the main middle section was done it seemed plain so I decided to add a few more of the teal prints to the top and bottom.  I also added the Pretty Little Studio phrases by the photo and topped them with a brad.


I finished my whole layout off with the stamped date (label from my stash) and rhinestones cut from the Maya Road trim.

I forgot how much I love monochromatic layouts and I need to do it more often.

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments: