Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tea Party

The second I saw the inspiration for our current challenge, I was intrigued by the shape and the "unbalanced" look that the cake had. I knew I wanted to mimic it, and I played around with several different ideas until I settled on doing a playful cake paper piecing on my layout.
I used some fun new Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday papers and lots of Stickles! Each layer of the cake is outlined with Stickles to make it look like frosting. How fun would this be to do "cupcakes" like this too?

Thanks for the fun challenge, Jana & Noel!

3 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

This is so fun, V!!! I love how "iced" each layer of cake along with the jewels, flowers and butterfly decorations! It's perfectly sweet!

P.S. Noel, I am LOVING the 80's music!!! ;) I've been having fun scrapping to it! :)

MichelleB said...

Love this! Great mix of papers!

Michele Kovack said...

Love this!!! Love the stacked up cake!!!Toooooo cute!