Monday, January 25, 2010

Shimmerz Paints Tips and a Scraplift

Hello, scrappers! Jana here! I have so much to share with you today! It's a two-for-one post! :)

Have you ever bought a new product and you weren't quite sure what to do with it?! I know I have! One of the things that confused me when I first started playing with it was PAINT. :)

Included in the January PAPER DOLL kit was a little pot of Pink Shimmerz paint. Have you played with it yet?! :) Or maybe you're feeling a little afraid of it? ;) Well, I want you to pull out your supplies, roll up your sleeves and try some of these ideas on your next page. :)

Paint on Chipboard



Page created with the Noel Mignon OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION kit







Create a Shimmering Background





Paint Portions of the Pattern on Patterned Paper




Paint on Letter Stickers





Paint on Stamped Letters



Emboss Chipboard Letters and Paint Inside the Recessed Design




Paint in Portions of a Die Cut Image




Or Paint the Entire Die Cut




Paint a Shimmer-y Wash Over Paper Flowers





Or Paint a Polka Dot Pattern on Handmade Paper Flowers




Make your Patterned Paper of Your Paper Piecing Shine




Change the Color of a Pearl Embellishment




Make Your Flocked Brads Shimmer




Add a Shimmer-y Ruffle to Your Page
(This is fun to do with bookpaper, too! And LOOK! More shimmery painted flocked brads!)




Paint a Stamped Image







Apply a Paint Wash to the inside of an Embossing Folder and Emboss Cardstock

I used spray ink on this embossing folder, but I think you could easily attain the same effect with a paint wash . . . Try it! :)


Page created with the Noel Mignon OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION kit




I hope this has given you some fun ideas to get you experimenting! Have fun! The possibilities are endless!

*****************************************************

And because I wasn't able to post last week when the new kit went up for sale I have a Scraplift to share with you today.

I decided to scraplift one of our members, Deanna Misner. She has such a great style and I couldn't wait to try this page of hers.

Page by Deanna Misner



Scraplifting is one of my favorite things to do. It gives me a chance to apply my own style to the page designs I admire and love created by others. On this page, I used the shape of Deanna's circle page to ground my photo-grouping. Next I interpreted her ribbon strips underneath her photos as paper strips across my page. I added a sticker grouping to the top of my main photo to imitate her bingo card tab. And then finally, I tried to emulate her beautiful handcut flower sprays with a sprinkle of stars on my page.



Page created with the Noel Mignon PAPER DOLL kit.




Whew! That was quite a post! I hope you're not sick of me now! ;)
See you next week!
Jana

3 comments:

Greta Adams said...

WOW!! girl...this post was full of eye candy....there are so many new things i want to try...

Bibi said...

Fantastic ideas! I love all of your scrapbook pages - love the colours, the way you cluster, so terrific!

Debbie said...

What BEAUTIFUL ideas you posted! Paint is now the next item on my list. Great Scraplift LO too, love it!!