Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday at last!

*Sorry so late - the post didn't go out on schedule

  Couldn't come soon enough for me!  Spring Break is in full force starting tomorrow at noon!  Are any of you doing anything exciting for Spring Break?

I'm going to share with you the layout I did for the Project Runway challenge.  I have to be honest - this is the one season that I have not kept up with - maybe it was too close to the last one?  Dunno - but I went back trough the titles of the shows and watched snippets here and there.  What drew me in most was the children't wear and making your own textile.

  I immediately went to my daughters closet and wasnted to find a piece that inspired me - there were many flower prints but they didn't do to much for what I wanted.  Then I say the tulle skirt and zebra pants - perfect!

Instead of making up my own textile (or pattern) I decided to be inspired by it and "copy" it so to speak.  I stared with a pencil and quickly lost that to just using my slick writer.

Here is a close up.
I decided to mat the layout on darker paper - but not white -- something that I thought allowed the layout to pop more.

Although it may look that I picked the photos first, I didn't.  As I wass looking through my Picasa album I realized I had this one photo from Valentine's week - because yes she has an outfit for everyday - hehehe!

I had just ran out of my hot pink tulle that wouls have been so perfect - so I resisted the urge to go out and get some and instead use what I had.  So I used this bright pink ribbon.    I added the title and realized there was no good place to journal so I journaled around the photo.  And for a finishing touch I zig zag stitched around the layout.

That's all I have - enjoy your weekend!
Michelle

1 comment:

dstandard said...

What a fabulous page!