Monday, April 12, 2010


Last week I showed you a Disneyland page I created using the Noel Mignon Sonoma County kit (sold out). This week I have another one for you. These are two of my daughter's riding the Sleeping Beauty Carousel in the middle of Fantasy Land.

My page is based on a sketch by Shelly (scrpbk1) from the Noel Mignon Message Board. We played a message board game where we created and swapped sketches with our partner. (Check out what everyone else created HERE . . . AMAZING!!!) I turned Shelly's sketch on it's side and pulled the elements together in a cluster to make it work with my two vertical photos.

Here is my page:




And here is Shelly's sketch.



*******************************

I also wanted to share with you this Easter page I created using the Seaside Cottage kit (sold out). It was a perfect choice to scrap this picture of my daughter on Easter morning last year.



The layer behind my photo was created using the Script Texture embossing folder by Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft. Before placing my cream cardstock into the folder to emboss it I spritzed the folder with Treasured Hymn Spritz, Copper Penny Vibez, Hot Fudge Vibez, and a bit of Licorice Spritz (Available in the Noel Mignon store ). I love how the colors mixed and settled into the recessed parts of the pattern emphasizing the texture.

I then added a splash of pink at the top by placing a butterfly punch on the cardstock as a mask and then misted over the corner with Bed of Roses Spritz by Shimmerz Paints . It was just enough pink to help the cardstock tie in with the rest of the page. :)



I stamped the sentiment from the My Cute Stamps "Jelly Beans" set onto a tag. I used a stamping marker to color portions of the saying one at a time, so I could space the quote out on my tag to make it fit. I stamped the bunny, carrot and easter egg onto cream patterned paper and then used Shimmerz Paints lightly on the portions of the image that I wanted a little color.



The pearl accents on the banner, the pearl curly line beneath the rabbit, and the pink icy blossom are all by Zva Creative (from my stash). They are the perfect dimensional details that add a bit of Easter elegance to this page. :)



Have a great week!
Jana Eubank

2 comments:

Mel said...

Gorgeous Jana, love how you used the gorgeous hambly from last months kit, and those adorable rub on doilies.

Shelly said...

I never thought to spritz the embossing folder prior to embossing. Very cool!!! Love the look!