Friday, April 16, 2010

A Little Paper Braiding

So this week we had the challenge of using ONLY 8 manufacturers on a single layout.  And it was fun because I realized that I like to mix and match quite a bit!  But I finally got to dig into someof my new stash of things as well as some oldies which is the best!  And instead of just showing you my layout - I thought I could show you how I put together the braided border.
I used Melissa Frances paper and cut 3 strips to a little less than an inch each.  I left the length at 12 inches.
Then crumple the paper really well.
When you have all three crunpled you are going to be ready to braid.
I used glue dots to stick the ends together.
When you have them together then you can start braiding.
Since this paper was only printed on one side I made sure that my braid stayed put with only the print showing.  But I think it would be neat to use a double sided sheet for even more colors!
I find that I scrunch as I move down the braid - when you finish use gluedots to close the braid.
If you ever try this please post I would love to see!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle

7 comments:

Frances said...

What a neat idea!!

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, WOW, Michelle!!! You are always so innovative! I LOOOOOVE this! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! Michelle!! I loveeeee that idea and love love love the lo!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mel said...

Wow what a fantastic idea, I just love this, your right double sided on a bright page would be fantastic, I love your layout, just devine.

lynnfrompgh said...

Thanks for sharing...great idea!!!

Rita S. said...

fun idea Michelle! I may have to play with it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this idea! Bet it would be awesome if you wet the strips before braiding!

thanks for the great instructions
Michelle