Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!

C'mon, you know you said it as a kid! And if you have kids of your own, you know they say it, too. How do these things get passed down from generation to generation?? My kids came home & said it one year and I just had to laugh :)

Like I've said before, the Sleepy Hollow kit (sorry, sold out!) has tons in it to make altered projects. Sure, layouts are fun. But it's Halloween! So I took the Melissa Frances chipboard shape out of the Office Party kit (also sold out) and decided to make a fun Halloween sign. I'd been saving it for just the right project.

First I outlined the shape onto my patterned paper, cut out, inked it and adhered to my chipboard.

Then I set about decorating it with all the fun goodies in the kit. I also added a spider web (using an EK Success border punch) and some Tim Holtz tissue tape. If you have not played with this yet you need to get some now...it is so much fun!! By the way, when you're adding embellishments to a project like this, it's easiest to let them run off the side & then trim off (as opposed to trying to cut everything to fit before adhering down).
After I had the front all decorated the way I wanted, I cut the fun Halloween fabric that came with the kit into strips and adhered it like a ruffle on the back of the chipboard with a hot glue gun. Believe it or not, I still have a little bit of fabric left over for some more projects.
 
Then I used a Crop-o-dile to punch holes at the top to string my ribbon. Rather than tying a knot I decided to use a hot glue gun to hold down the ribbon in back.

And there you have it! A fun little Halloween sign!

4 comments:

angie gutshall said...

I'm not much for halloween decorations but this is really cute and would hang up.

Nitasha said...

This is adorable! Really want to try that Holtz tissue tape!

Gretchen said...

this is soooooooo cute Michelle!!

Shelly said...

Love this! I like how you used the fabric to make the ribbon boarder!