Friday, February 18, 2011

bokeh my heart

I had so much fun playing with my camera just a little bit when I was putting away the Christmas stuff.. If you've never heard of the term "bokeh", plug it in on flickr and you'll see some really lovely stuff. It's essentially that gorgeous background blur that you get with a shallow depth of focus in your photos. Some of the images you pull up may even have shaped bokeh like what I have pictured! All the little hearts in the photos are just a pile of Christmas lights photographed out of focus, with a heart shaped bokeh filter over my lens...

If you're interested in trying it out, Photojojo has a great bokeh filter kit on their site! It's so much fun to play with...

This was my take on the sketch challenge that's up right now! More deliciousness from the Truly Scrumptious kit... ^_^

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

cool layout Leah! i'm not familiar with bokeh so thanks for the info!! i will check it out!!