Thursday, July 26, 2012

Arrows Everywhere!





This week's inspo is definitely inspired by the arrow.
And boy do I love arrows.
As I contemplated my project for this week I realized how many supplies that I have that are geared toward the arrow...lol...stamps, pp, punches, chipboard, and the list goes on and on.

But I decided for my project this week, I would make a lil mini altered dollar store canvas  to hang in my bedroom. I've got quite a wall going of altered canvases that I've done with pictures of my husband and I and thought this project would be a perfect addition.

I started with a 6x6 size canvas I got at the dollar store and covered it with kraft packing tape that I got at the UPS store.




In random places I added some Distress Crackle Paint from my stash for some texture.


I decided that since this was going in our bedroom, I wanted to use the Charm School Kit for the papers and embellishments.

Using the Silhouette (of course ;) I took one of the October Afternoon pp from the kit and cut various shapes and sizes of arrows which i randomly placed on the canvas. 

Add a photo and a few embellies and I ended up with a new addition to our wall :)


(sorry for the blurry pic.  The light in my house was horrible :)


How are arrows inspiring you?


1 comment:

Julie Bonner said...

This is so fun Elizabeth - what a great altered project :)