Friday, July 13, 2012

The girl with kaleidoscope eyes...


Elizabeth posted a fun vintage circus themed "Inspiration Monday"  this week, and that theme has been bouncing around in my head this week. When I began working on my layout for today's post, I naturally went to our Inspiration Monday pinterest board  for a little jumpstart. 

I loved all the bright happy colors, the stars and banners, and the stripes. This particular image jumped out at me: 



So it was the jumping off point for this layout- can you see the inspo?


I cut apart the piece of Echo Park striped paper and formed rays out from my picture. I worked hard at being bright & colorful and staying true to my style, without getting too busy looking. Part of the way I did that was by keeping all of the embellishing pulled in close to the picture, including my misting droplets. 


My photo was one I originally instagrammed, but I cropped & printed it at 4x6 instead of the standard instagram square. The lovely sparkles on it are actually a digitized bokeh that I made with an iPhone app filter (picfx). 


************************************************

Don't forget to snag your kit (or sign up for my class)! It's coming up soon! 

(And Noel's popping in a little surprise in one of those kit boxes!) :) 




3 comments:

Diane Payne said...

Such a fun layout, Virginia!

Noel said...

This is happiness on a page! :)

Julie Bonner said...

Such an awesome page Virginia - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!