Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy cards from West Coast!


We have been away on a little vacation, so my scrappy time has been a little inhibited lately, but I managed to squeeze in a couple of cards using the brand new West Coast kit (there's a couple left!) because I just couldn't wait to play with it! 

I went along with our design team inspiration theme this week- chevrons and arrows! Goodness, I love those elements! 

For this card, I cut out some chevron pattern from the woodgrain paper in the West Coast kit, and then used it as a template to add another layer of color using the minty blue paper. 

And how adorable is that little clothespin? And the banner stamps? I die. 


**************

This next little card is really simple, but I think it'll be a perfect card to brighten someone's day. I've had the idea for a while to incorporate photos into a card's design, and this little silly pic of my Sabby is perfect. 


I used the scraps from the previous card to make arrows out of the chevron design, and then layered a cute little arrow sticker on top. It's a subtle design element that puts all the focus on the photo! :)

I hope you enjoyed my cards today... I'll be back later tonight with a video with all the West Coast kit contents! :)

4 comments:

beckyjune said...

Virg, these are all incredible! I just love your style and how you put everything together.

Elisha Pharr said...

So cute, V! I love the photo card!:)

Leslie Ashe said...

what gorgeous cards!

Julie Bonner said...

These are adorable Virginia!!!