Friday, November 9, 2012

Halloween Through the Years Album


My kids were looking through a few mini albums I have out at Halloween time, and I realized that we didn't have one good place for all of our Halloween photos... they were scattered throughout mini albums and layouts in family albums. I wanted to make an album to cover each year. 

I had this album I bought from Noel a while back- it's an American Crafts 8 1/2 x 11 album, but any size would work! 


I used odds and ends from my scrap stash- some ribbon, some old Girls' Paperie, and my Something Wicked kit leftover from last year. 



I wanted to make the album reflect my style but also try to remain a classic feel that would be easy to keep up with year after year. I kept all of the pages just simple 8 1/2 x 11 kraft cardstock, and the color scheme classic Halloween colors, but incorporated splashes of mist (Heidi Swapp Shine in Tinsel is perfect for its shimmer!) and decorative tape


To make the album more "me, " I threw in my favorite color combination of green and teal, because it looks great with orange and black! 



The pages are super simple, but this album is already being enjoyed by my family. 


I just need to print some pics from this year to add in and we're ready to go for next year!

The great thing about this album is that it only took me one evening to create... not a huge project but something my family will enjoy for years to come. 

If you want to make something like this, the Something Wicked kit is PERFECT for this... and Noel has a couple available in the shop! 

5 comments:

gssfam said...

What a great idea! Would be good to make a Christmas one too! :D

Elisha Pharr said...

LOVE this!!! This would be great for Christmas, birthdays, school pics, etc....My wheels are turning!!!

Shelley Haganman said...

What a fabulous idea! It turned out so cute!

Rachel OCrowley said...

SUper cute project!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Virginia your album is adorable! I especially love the tabs, and the way the enamel dots look on the cover - kinda like wet drops of paint! Cool!