Friday, November 23, 2012

Using Distress Ink to Make a Custom "Filter" for a photo!





Happy Black Friday! I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! 

I wanted to show you today a really simple but cool technique to use the Tim Holtz Distress Ink that came in the Willow Creek kit

I had this awesome photo of my brother's family and my best friend's family from earlier this fall.

I took the Distress Ink Dauber and rubbed it all around the edges of the photo. This photo already had an "old timey" feel to it for some reason to me, so this technique was perfect for this photo. 



To finalize the look, I used a dark brown ink pad and rubbed it around the edges of the photo and adhered it (seen below): 


I love that this is done by hand and not digitally- and is SUPER simple to do as well! 

I also used Leslie Ashe's technique from last week to make polka dots on my background with the dauber and splatted a few for some fun dimension. 



 ************************

Not a subscriber? Then that means you don't have the Glad Tidings kit in hand yet!! Make sure to check back for my video of the kit! It goes on sale this Sunday and you're going to want it for all your Christmas crafting, layouts, and projects! 


1 comment: