Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sketch Time!!!

Photobucket

We are almost at the middle of the month & you know what that means . . . a NEW sketch!!!  Here is your November sketch . . .

Photobucket

And here is what I came up with using the November Willow Creek Kit.  Full of rich, warm tones & small "pops" of color here & there, this kit was PERFECT for scrapping these fall pics of my 2 sons :)

Photobucket

If you received the kit, you may have noticed the Tim Holtz distress stain.  The muted yellow color was gorgeous & just the right addition to these white leaves I punched & embossed.  I wanted to color the leaves, but in such a way that the color was darker & lighter in some areas - looking more natural.  It was super easy to just glide over top of the leaf with the distress stain & let it "soak in" to the paper.  Then a quick dusting of chalk ink around the edges & voila - some fun colored & textured leaves!!!

Photobucket

I have recently been trying to use my tool stash - I tend to fall into the trap of just using what's in front of me.  Anyone else out there do the same??  If only I had more room on my desk for all my tools!!!!  For this layout & I broke out my Silhouette and used it to cut this cute title :)  Love the fun script font :)

Photobucket


Alrighty - ready to jump in and try out this month's sketch???  Grab your supplies & get creating :)  Your entry to this challenge is due November 30th.  The sketch thread will be up later this afternoon in the forum.  Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post your entry under the November Sketch Challenge thread.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift certificate to the store - YAY!!!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with - Happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Virginia said...

This is beautiful! I love the sketch and how you used the distress ink. I never do embossing but I may have to pull out my stuff now! It looks so great and adds just the right amount of texture!

MarciaD said...

Another great sketch Julie! Thank you!