Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Thursday!



Happy Thursday everyone!!

Are y'all suffering from a candy hangover? lol  I hope y'all had a fabulous Halloween.  I know we sure did. 
After we were finished, I was exhausted but still need to scrap my layouts for today's post (yes, I'm a MAJOR procrastinator...lol).

But once I got home and pulled out the new Willow Creek Kit I had a hard time FORCING myself to go to bed.  I went to bed waaaaay after my bed time last night for sure, but it was totally worth it.

This is kit has got to be one of my  faves (I'm beginning to think that I say that every month ;)  If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, hurry, because there are only a few more left.

The first project I created is a layout on a very impromptu trip we made to a local mexican restaurant. I live in the country in Mississippi...this is kinda an rare thing to have one in our small lil town.  My family has recently discovered it and we are hooked.  I'm thinking that "99 cent Taco Tuesday's" might just be a new family tradition.


I included the receipt on my page, not only for the cost and location to be notated but it also was a plus because it had the date on it.  I also used some of Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in Chartruse and the AMAZING Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Scattered Straw.  That stuff is awesome.  I can't wait to get more colors.

My next layout I did of a screen shot of the weather once it got cooler.  Down here on the Gulf Coast, we don't get much of a fall.  So when the weather begins to turn, I begin to get absolutely giddy!



The "FALL" title is actually made with the washi tape that came in the kit and then I used some white and brown pens to color it in.  I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but it's growing on me due to the rustic-ness (is that a word? lol) of it.  Again, I used Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in Gold Lame' (if you haven't noticed yet, I love this stuff so much I've bought every color that Noel carries.  It's that GOOD!).  Not only did I use it for the blotches, but I also used a paint brush to brush it over the leaves.  It's hard to see in the picture but in person I love the lil glimmer it gives it.

And if that wasn't enough, I just knew the instant that I saw the Maya Road Felt Blossoms, that one, if not both, would become jewelry.  I used the ivory colored one for a pretty ring (that I'm actually wearing today) and I'm completely smitten with.



I just glued the flower to a ring base that I got at Michael's with E6000.

Well I hope you are inspired by today's post and again, you will want to get your hands on this kit!

Till next Thursday....xo!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I love these girl! Especially that Taco Tuesday layout... and not just because we do Taco Tuesdays at our house too! LOL