Friday, March 14, 2014

Twinkle, Twinkle

It's Friday and that means I have a new project to share with you using the Noel Mignon March Wishing Well Kit.

Hi everyone, it's Jana Eubank. This week we have been taking a cue from St. Patrick's Day and pulling inspiration for our projects from shades of green. I had already chopped up one of the green sheets from the Wishing Well kit for my project I'll be sharing with you next week, so I chose to pull out the next best thing ... the blue-green constellation paper from the Webster's Pages Recorded Collection. I adore this paper and immediately thought of some photos I had from when my kids had a sleepover with their cousins.



I used the constellation paper for the background, but I loved the other side of the sheet, too! So I decided to cut a strip off of the bottom, then flip it around. Love all of those ampersands.
I framed the smaller photo with one of the chipboard frames from the kit and then used a double layer of cardstock to frame my larger photo. The journal block was created from the product packaging of the Maggie Holmes Styleboard rubons included with the kit.



For the background and title area, I took a cue from the starry night paper and decided to add more sky-like elements. a sunburst anchors the main photo and sparkly title to one another. I cut the title from glitter paper I had in my stash using my Silhouette Cameo electronic die cutting machine and a word art file found in the Silhouette store.



I added a bit of the washi tape included in my kit across the top of the page and then layered the triangle sequins together in a random pattern to represent stars in the sky.

So, does St. Patrick's day have you itching to scrapbook in shades of green? What will you be inspired to make?

Jana

No comments: