Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Keep it Simple


Hi Friends!! Today I have a fun, simple layout to share with you. First let me tell you the back story behind this picture and title, I'm not sure you can read the journaling.
 One day a few years back, we were home eating some take out, watching a movie, when all the sudden our youngest daughter, falls back, closes her eyes, and stickers her tongue out. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she was doing. Our oldest daughter, said "Look, she's playing dead!! HAHAHA!!" ( Really have no clue where this came from, but she was 3 at the time so hard telling lol) We tried everything we could think of to "revive" here, and nothing worked, until Emma stuck a french fry in her mouth..suddenly she was alive again! lol. After that, this became a fun game that they would play anytime we had french fries. So, of course, it had to make its way onto a layout! ;)


I wanted to keep this one fun and simple. I only used my scissors and didn't measure a thing. I just went with it, and I had so much fun creating this way!


I wanted to bring in pops of black since the photo was so dark, a little mist, some thickers, and a black journaling pen brought in just enough without overpowering.


These white alphas were getting lost, so I just messily outlined around them. This worked to bring in more of the black, and help them to pop!

This definitely made me see that sometimes I over-think my creative process...think I am going to have to do more of these types of layouts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really neat!

Anonymous said...

<3 Rose Ann Deighan and that is my comment :) wonderful layout.