Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Planner System Using the Love Life Classic Kit

So, I don't know about you guys, but I'm guessing, since you're a scrapbooker,  you've probably had a long love affair with office supplies. I'm no exception. Ever since I was little, I collected scraps of papers, pens, tape, and any little office supply I could grab. I remember when I was a teenager and got introduced to the idea of a planner. OH I was in heaven!

I've been a planner addict for a very long time. It's changed what it's looked like over the years. I now really just like a monthly calendar and then copious places for lists and notes. I used to love a day by day planner but I would try to micromanage my time and get frustrated when life wasn't perfectly in my control. Ha! 

Lately, there's been so much beauty out there on social media of the different ways people are creatively adjusting their planners and notebooks with fun scrapbooking products, so I had to jump in and play some too. 


I rummaged around and found my old Memory Dock planner from We R Memory Keepers. (This system was very much like Project Life! Anyone remember it?) I pulled out all the old stuff and then put in a cute new cover in the frame, using my Love Life kit.


Inside the front cover, I store my purse calendar so I can keep both synced. I won't be carrying this big one everywhere I go; it's not convenient for that. I made a dashboard for the front using some papers from the Love Life kit and laminating it. The beauty of it being laminated is that I can tape things to it and then change it out as I need to.



 I printed out a calendar from The Nifty Planner on etsy and added a few pieces of washi tape to the edges and a clip from the kit. My calendar is nice and blank now, but it'll be very full after I sit down and fill it in today! 

My March kit, Shine Bright, should arrive later today so I left room on my calendar to add stickers, tape, and small flat embellishments to my pages. 


All my dividers are laminated so that I can tape small items to them. 


You can see here where I taped a card from the Love Life kit, along with a pretty verse.


I have some weekly planning sheets and menu planners from The Joyful Papery in a second section of my planner. I left the backs intentionally blank so I can attach notes and write lists in it. Another few little cute embellishments from the Love Life kit adorn these pages. The planner stickers are from the Reset Girl Shop.


Behind this last section (using that GORGEOUS paper from the Love Life kit), I'm tucking my art journal. This will be a perfect place to store it when I'm not using it, and I can grab this whole planner and take it with me if I want to bring it all together.


What are your favorite office supplies? Don't you love how scrapbooking and daily life are merging more and more together?!

No comments: