Thursday, February 12, 2015

Confetti love shaker cards...

Hi, Valentine's day is almost here and what better way to get into the spirit than to sprinkle a little bit of love onto your projects. As soon as I opened my Love Life Daily Diary kit I knew that I wanted to use the adorable confetti hearts to create some shaker cards for a bit of interactive fun for my project life album.


  I started with a window shaker card, where the confetti pieces are suspended between the backing paper and a piece of acetate. The die cut window hides where the acetate has been secured but allows the confetti to peek through. 


 I used one of the printed papers from the kit as a background, then cut a slightly smaller piece of white card stock from which I die-cut a heart shape. I sprinkled the confetti hearts onto the base paper and adhered a piece of acetate over the top. I backed the die cut piece with a couple of layers of card stock so that it would be raised higher than the background and decorated the front with a strip of ribbon and sticker along with another patterned from the kit. 


 The next card is a variation on the traditional shaker style, as the confetti can't move around but instead appears to be floating. I achieved this look by placing the confetti hearts into a laminating pouch then sealed it with my laminator. A couple of stickers and a cute paper clip from the kit were all I needed to finish it off.  


I really liked the floating look but changed it up a bit for my third design by suspending the confetti between two sheets of vellum which I cut into a tag shape. I hand stitched the vellum in place about 3/4 of the way around before adding the confetti, then proceeded to seal it up and used a few stickers to decorate the front. 



No comments: