Tuesday, June 16, 2015

2014 Catching up using Happy Go Lucky Daily Diary Kit

Here I am again trying to catch up on my 2014 pocket page album. I am so glad that I am making HUGE progress. It is awesome to be able to get those stories, memories, and photos in the album before I forget everything completely.

Let's get to the sharing now shall we. Here is a look at both pages together. I went with a regular page on the left side and then one that I cut in half version for the right side. I really wanted to focus on the most important memories from these 2 weeks.


Sometimes I will combine weeks into one set of pages. This was the case with this set of pictures + stories.

I went with a simple title card using the fun scalloped sticker that I cut down. The scallops draws your eye to the middle of the card and the dates.

These two pages has a mixture of the Simple Stories and my own custom journaling cards. But I made sure that the colors stayed cohesive through both sides.

I loved the far right journaling card, especially the strips of patterned paper made into arrows. I added one of the clear Heidi Swapp pieces along with some enamel dots.

The journaling card that has the black and white stripes was a perfect addition to this page.  It breaks up the colors and photos perfectly. I cut out the & sign from one of the journaling cards and added it onto the black and white card.


Here is the photo that goes along with the far left side journaling card, which was a little adventure that me and the kids had.


One last close up to sum up the left side of my spread. This photo of Noah and me one was my favorite stories of these pages.  These small little stories are the ones that I am going to cherish for years to come. Because looking back now, he has stopped doing this.


Here is a look at the left side by itself.


Let's move on the right side.

I used one of the clear photo overlays from Simple Stories. LOVE these.


I made a personalized journaling card starting with the great Heidi Swapp geotag. I wanted to spell out home on the bottom and I used the letters from the kit to do so.

As much as I love Instagram, sometimes it is a pain to work them into your pocket pages. What I usually do is print them out as a 4x4 photo and add them onto a big journaling card.

This technique is what I did on the bottom. I finished off this journaling card with a few embellishments here and there.


That is all for today everyone !! Thanks for coming.

No comments: