Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Documenting Summer with the Pool Party Daily Diary Kit

Good evening! Due to a little misunderstanding in scheduling, my post is coming at you extremely late today but I'm eager to show you my first pocket page spread using the Pool Party Daily Diary Kit. I love the bright, vibrant colors in this kit and they just went so well with my photos.


I used the heck out of the Summer Vibes stuff from Simple Stories that was included in the kit. The cards are absolutely gorgeous and had the perfect phrases for the photos I used.


I layered some die cuts from Simple Stories and some of the word stickers from the 12x12 sticker sheet in the kit.


I usually try to layer the bigger word art die cuts with a shaped die cut underneath like I did with the cloud and "hello there summer" on the top left card.


I like a lot of white space in my spreads but there were so many brightly colored cards that I wanted to use. To offset this, I decided to make the borders around my photos wider to give more white space.


It was fun to create the journaling card with the word art stickers and gives an added bit of color to this side of the spread. I layered some more die cuts on the journal cards and love how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Are you following NoelMignon on Instagram yet? If not, please hop over and give us a follow so you can keep up with what the team is making with their kits, not to mention some awesome sneak peeks of upcoming kits.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great layout! Such a fun use of color.

Lynn K said...

Gorgeous layout - love how fun and summery it looks!!