Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week 18 Using Happy Go Lucky

Happy Tuesday to you all !

Can you believe it is June already ?  Summer is here and I am so excited ! But before I get all mushy about Summer let's talk about Spring. Yes, Spring. I have some pages from April/May to share with you today.

Week 18 was a super fun week filled with lots of real life moments, and even National Scrapbook Day.


I have always been a fan of Simple Stories. Their cards are great, so detailed and fun. Most of them are already embellished or you. I chose this fun "Life Documented card for my title card. Since it was already embellished I didn't add much. I used the numbers from the sticker sheet in the kit and put 18 on the top to represent my week #, and then added the date as well.


Whenever I have photo that just is not quite right, the quality is bad, or the colors completely clash with the rest of my layout I will usually turn it black and white. That was the case with the photo of my husband and my son mowing the lawn. I still wanted to include the photo so I turned it black and white and printed it. It's not ideal but it will work.


When completing my spreads I often like to include smaller photos. That is what I did here with my out of focus sunrise photo. I took this shot while I was running one morning and like how it turned out.  I added in a few embellishments and called it finished.

The other card I started out with cutting up the scalloped sticker and adding the dream clear label piece over top. I added the bird in the corner to go along with my story on the journaling card.


I added one of the clear photo overlays to the picture of Katelyn playing in her soccer game.  I absolutely love photo overlays, they are such an easy way to embellish a photo fast.


Let's look at the right side of my layout now.

That Saturday was National Scrapbook Day and I had some friends over to scrapbook and hang out with me. I snapped a photo of me before everyone arrived. I decided to use some of the letter stickers to abbreviate NSD. I added some text underneath and then a wood veneer heart from the kit.


I added a strip of one of the 6x6 papers to a grid journaling card to start this look. Adding the arrow at the top draws your eye to it. Don't you just love arrows ?!!! I sure do.


Here is a close up of some journaling cards.


Both of these cards I added a few enamel dots and wood veneers for some fun embellishments.



Here is one last look at the right side. I added a digital brush to my photo and then put one of the white sticker phrases on top for a fun look.

I caught myself saying the same things over and over to the girls in the morning. I decided to write some of my morning phrases down that week. The "am" are letter stickers from the kit and I printed out my journaling onto one of the 4x6 cards. Thought it would be fun to read years from now.


Thanks for stopping by today everyone ! I hope you all are enjoying that school is out and summer is here !! Woohoo !! I for one am so excited and ready to make some graet summer memories. Don't forget to get the Happy Go Lucky kit now and get those memories scrapped.



No comments: