Friday, November 17, 2017

Roof Stomp: Nov Home Sweet Home DD Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a layout using the November Home Sweet Home Daily Diary kit.  I had these great pictures of a fun roof stomp that my husband's squadron did recently.  A roof stomp is a tradition in the Air Force.  When a new commander comes into a squadron, the members usually organize a roof stomp, where we all meet secretly and travel over to the commander's house.  We quietly climb up on the roof and all at once, start stomping to create that noise in their house.  It usually freaks them out because they have no idea!  The spouse knows so that they can make sure they are home and it's a ton of fun!


I grabbed a piece of paper from my stash from Crate Paper (the green background) and used a block of Carta Bella paper that I felt echoed the shape of a roof.  I also used a few project life cards and layered my photos on the 4x6 cards and did my journaling on a 3x4 card.


I loved collecting some of the house elements in the kit and using them here.  One of the project life cards has a house and I didn't like the sentiment at the top of the card, so I covered it up with two green die cuts.  I also had a house on the chipboard sheet.


The tree chipboard pieces went really well with this layout since there are some trees in one of the pictures.  And I used a bow leftover from a previous kit to help finish off the title.


The "Home Sweet Home" die cut was so great for this layout and tied into the theme nicely.  To finish it off, I used a geotag sticker I had lying on my desk and some pearl beads from my stash as well. 

I hope you guys enjoyed that!  Please don't forget to upload your layouts to the FB group so we can see how you're using your kits this month!