Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pirates and Friends

I've been a scrappin' fool this week. I think it's because I've got these TWO delicious kits from Noel, and it just keeps my creativity flowing! I keep going back and forth between the two, scrapping stuff with each one. Delightful!


These are some pics of Em from her 4th birthday party- we had a pirate party and did a little "photo shoot" before all the kids arrived. The spooky themed "The 31st" kit perfectly complements these photos!
I combined a My Mind's Eye tag, Pink Paislee rub on, and Jenni Bowlin sticker letters to make this little title accent.
Lots of red stitching and black Pink Paislee glitter add just the right amount of texture and sparkle to this layout.
Then, on a completely different note, I made a layout featuring some of my best "scrappies" (my scrappin' buddies!). We took these pictures back in August when I was largely pregnant- they have literally been with me through thick and thin! ;)
Have I mentioned yet how much I loooooooooooooooooooved the new Mill Street kit?! It is like reaching kit nirvana to me. It is the most beautiful kit, so full of the prettiest papers and packed with lots and lots of cool embellishments. Hurry and grab one before they are all gone, there are only a few left and I promise you, you will LOVE this kit.
I used some of the beautiful "Vintage Poppy" line from Lily Bee Designs on this layout. I did a little paper tearing and pleating for some texture...I trimmed two flowers off of the glittery KI border stickers to add those little sparkly accents.

3 comments:

Noel said...

Your touches of stitching and glitter in your Pirate LO are perfect!! Love that costume too! :)

On the 2nd one did you paint a small area of white on your cardtock and then outline it?? That is beautiful!

Virginia said...

Thanks girl! :) And yes, I actually used an Elmer's Paint Pen (the white ones) and drew the line around- I went over it a couple of times to make sure it was good & opaque. Then I just traced around it with a fine tip black AC pen.

Kristi B. said...

These are both super cute layouts with GREAT techniques! I am especially in love with the Lily Bee layout. :)