Friday, February 5, 2010

Color Schemes


  Do you ever use them?  I do!  That is usally what draws me in to pattern paper, a magazine ad, or a layout.  I am really fond of bright color schemes but with this challenge layout I went with neutrals.  Here is the color scheme I used and the layout.


I used some pattern paper, stamps, and some vintage items.
For the 'fans' I used pages out of a vintage book I have and the middle fan is actually a coffee filter -- I am loving those and am going to put them to good use soon!

Since I knew there was going to be dimension to the photo I knew I needed to ground the photo -- so underneath the photo I used my Hero Arts Stamp 4 times - it creates a little frame but doesn't take away from the neutral look to the layout.

When I put the photo on the pattern paper it was a bit simple for me so I decided to use some tone on tone embellishments --butterflies with mini pearls for a girly touch.

I also looked thought about the title and I knew that I wanted it to 'pop' but not so much that it took away from the photo and joournaling - so I went with grey another neutral.

Here are some close ups.


That's it thanks for letting me share:)
Michelle Lanning

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

this is GORGEOUS Michelle!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)