Sunday, February 14, 2010

A wink and a smile


Good morning everyone! Today I have the first Seaside Cottage LO for you (ONLY 3 LEFT!!)! All of papers are from the kit. I took some older AC chipboard and made my patterns for my corners from those, which I stitched in with a basic back stitch. Under my "Happy Day" tag I used some of the seersucker fabric, which had a frayed edge, and I liked that look under the tag. Under the photo I painted a piece of cardboard with the weathered wood crackle paint and edged it with a fine black pen, and I also went around my large scallop circle with some distress stickles. I didn't have the kit letters so I subbed in some blue and pink thickers from my stash.

Hope you all have a great day!




2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is fab noel!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and all that yummy stitching!!!! and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your title on your widget...soooooooooooooooooo true true! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle Whitlow said...

I got my kit last week and looove it!!! Can't wait to start playing with it :)