Tuesday, August 22, 2017

#myhappyplace with the Weekend in Paris Daily Diary Kit

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a fantastic Tuesday.  All day I have thought it was Wednesday . . .
Things around here have been pretty crazy with the start of school and we are officially on the hunt for a new house.  The housing market is unbelievable right now and it's become pretty stressful to say the least.

Anyway I am back this week with another layout I put together with the daily diary kit along with the Weekend in Paris paper pack.

I have mentioned before that we are working on my sons hiking merit badge and with it has come a lot of hiking this summer.  I grew up living in the mountains and have realized you can take the girl out of the mountains, but you can't take the mountains out of the girl.  ;)  I chose to document all or our hiking we have done this summer on one layout.  I included a panoramic picture I took with my phone along the top and placed a silhouette cut of a mountain range behind it.





The title is made up of one of the Heidi Swapp acetate words and the gold thickers.  I placed these on a project life card along with one of the cork accents.    




My scrap space is in an alcove of our family room.  It is L-shape and is kind of a hodge podge of organizing cubes and an old desk my grandma gave us.  My scrap desk is actually an old door that is set on top of Better Homes & Garden cubes we picked up on clearance at Wal-Mart.


This photo is older and I have added to my gallery wall and have started hanging some of my latest completed layouts above my ribbon storage.  

It's not fancy or big, but I'm very grateful my husband realizes how much I need a space to create.

I thought I would share my kit organization.  Every month when my kits arrive from Noel I house them in this clear acrylic organizer I picked up on Amazon.

It allows me to see almost everything at once and keep things in place and handy as I create.  Once the month is over I put the remaining kit back into a back and have a small little stash of past kits in a milk crate under my desk.

That is it for me today, sorry again for getting my days mixed up. 
Happy Scrapping!





No comments: