Friday, August 4, 2017

The Rose: August Weekend in Paris Classic Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with my first layout using the August Weekend in Paris classic kit.  This kit was SO PERFECT for my daughter's ballet picture from this past year.  Layla did a ballet routine to music from Beauty and Beast.  France....pink and lace...Weekend in Paris kit....it was meant to be!


My girls' dance album is an 8.5x11 so that's the size of this layout.  The background paper is from Carta Bella and the blue floral is from Julie Nutting.  I love how they give the layout a vintage look.  Along the bottom I used a bit of the Melissa Frances lace trip which ties into the lace on her costume nicely.


I don't usually have official titles for their dance layouts, I just use the name of the song they danced to written on a kraft banner that I cut myself.  I also wanted to use the Thickers "So Sweet" sticker on here.


Around the photo, I wanted to make it look fancy and French.  I used a doily, a die cut with the Eifle Tower on it from Photo Play and a cute little set of balloons from the Crate Paper sticker sheet, all from the kit!


To finish it off, I used one of the Prima flowers, some of the Carta Bella enamel dots and the Webster's Pages tiny alphabet stickers to highlight the year of her recital.

Overall, this kit was just perfect for my little ballerina!

Can't wait to see how you will be using your kits this month!  Don't forget to upload your projects to the facebook group.


No comments: