Monday, September 4, 2017

{First Day of Jr. High} with the "Study Guide" Kit

Hello friends, it's Meridy here today with my first layout using the "Study Guide" Daily Diary Kit and paper add-on.  In 1 1/2 weeks my kids will already be done with their first quarter of this school year!  We started school in mid-July, so I already have my "back to school" photos from this year printed.  They worked great with this month's kit, and I decided to make a double page layout...


I started by choosing some pictures of my daughter and some of my favorite Daily Diary cards from the kit, and built my layout around those.  I choose papers that pulled in colors from both the photos and the cards.  


After I got the base of the layout in place, I decided to add some "notebook" punched navy strips of paper and washi from the kit across the bottom of the layout to ground it.


I started pulling embellishments that worked with the daily diary cards, and that's when I KNEW I would use the great multicolored Thickers on the layout for my title.  

I stamped some red triangles near the title and used the mini alpha stickers that came in last month's kit to spell "first day of" on my title.  I added a cute paper clip tag and a die cut to finish off the title area.


Next, I embellished the other card, added the date, added a journaling card, and one of the flowers from the kit.


I thought the layout still needed something to draw your eye towards the top, so that's when I pulled out my star punch and grabbed scraps in various colors.  I decided to line the stars up right across the top of the pink cardstock background layer.  But there was still something missing, so that's when I pulled out the sewing machine and machine stitched right across the row of stars.  I also sewed around the entire layout with a subtle light mint green thread.  It added just a little bit of texture, without overwhelming the layout.


And that wrapped up my layout for this week.  Thank you for stopping by!





No comments: