Friday, April 13, 2018

Hello Gorgeous: Vintage Spring Classic Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a layout using the classic kit.  This week we were challenged to make a spring inspired project.  I chose to make a layout about this peacock that we saw at the zoo over spring break.  Peacocks are one of my favorites!  They are so beautiful.  I wish he had opened his tail, but he didn't, so I'm happy to scrap these pictures I was able to get.


Most of this layout is made with the Maggie Holmes Flourish line from the kit.  As soon as I saw that peacock sticker, I knew these pictures would make it onto a layout.  


I wanted to let the background paper shine so I kept everything towards the center.  Up in the lefthand corner, I added the fringe banner and popped one of the felt bows on top of it.  


I layered up some of the stickers from the kit and added some sequins.


For the title, I used one of the chipboard stickers along with the black alphabet stickers.  I added another felt bow and used some stickers on top of the large peacock sticker.

I just love the spring feel of this with the colors and being outside in nature.  Please show us how you're using your April kits in the facebook group!


No comments: