Monday, April 9, 2018

{Eleven} with the "Vintage Spring" Kits

Happy Monday, friends!!!  It's Meridy here today, and the "Vintage Spring" Classic Kit  and Daily Diary Kit naturally scream "SPRINGTIME" to me, and since spring is a time for new beginnings, I decided to scrap another new beginning with these kits this week.  I'm scrapping a picture of my daughter's 11th birthday, which also happens to be 2 days before she started Jr. High.  So these spring images, embellishments, and flowers went prefectly with this photo.


This kit is so beautiful, and all of the Maggie Holmes papers and embellishments make me so happy, so I couldn't wait to use them.  I decided I wanted to use lots of die cuts and pieces of the beautiful gold leaf trim to frame my photo.

I stared with the deer and fussy cut a couple of quail.  We live in the desert, so we see lots of quail (and baby quail) each spring.  Although this page isn't about quail, these icons still work with the layout.


Next, I started layering up a few of the flowers and greenery.  I used pop dots to pop a few things up to add some dimention into the layout.  I spelled out "eleven" with the alphabet stickers and placed it at the bottom of the layout. I didn't want a large title, since there is already so much deatil on this layout, so these small alpha stickers were perfect!


I really liked using the gold leaf trim in whole pieces, as I did in the upper right hand corner of the layout, but I also liked the look of one or two leaves sticking out from under the die cut flowers, it added a little color and texture to the blooms.  


A few strips of washi and paper across the top of the layout and a journaling card tucked into the layers of paper finished off the layout.  Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!  Happy Srping!!!



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the deer and the flowers!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this!