Friday, December 23, 2011

I have a confession...

I have officially given up on my December Daily 2011. I know.... But really, it's December 21, and the last completed page is the fifth. It's like beating a dead horse, to use one of those country bumpkin phrases I feel that I should, as I am now a country bumpkin.

To clarify:

Bumpkin
noun.
an awkward, simple rustic; yokel.
synonyms: clod, boor, hillbilly, hayseed, rube, hick, yahoo.
"awkward country fellow," 1560s, probably from M.Du. bommekijn "little barrel," dim. of boom "tree." Apparently, though itself Dutch, it began as a derogatory reference to Dutch people as short and dumpy.
 
So yeah, that's me all right. 

Instead of trying to patch together this dead book, I've decided to focus my energy on my Project Life 2012. I started it last week in my Mini Madness class, and am super excited to get all the prep work finished so that I have ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to keep up on it. I am determined. I will do this. Mark my words. Did you mark them? You should, because you'll have to throw them in my face at some point when I'm dragging my feet and bitching about how I just don't have time to keep up with my PL12. Oh, by the way, I'm also one of those super annoying people who are referring to their Project Life 2012 in the shortest terms possible. Hence, PL12. 

And so I can include a picture in this post, here is what I have so far:

I'm using a recipe box instead of the album, because I say screw buying a thousand sleeves and inserts. To keep myself organized, I made a little accordion album to store each month's little accessories.


All of my pages are individual little cards - the perfect amount of space to fill up once a day. This was also the perfect way to finish off a bunch of old kits and make things all nice and tidy again in kit land.

 Each month gets a little intro card with some sort of embellishment at the top that peeks above the other cards to mark the beginning of each month in the stack. Keepin' things simple this time around. Me thinks this is the key to keeping up with it all.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!
xoxo
Britt

No comments: