Monday, December 5, 2011

Snow Day

Hi, Everyone! My name is Jana Eubank and I am so excited to be Guest Designing at Noel Mignon for the month of December! I have been a long-time fan of Noel Mignon kits, and in my opinion, they are the only kits you will ever want or need. Noel has such a talent for combining the latest and greatest products together in such a way that gives me my monthly "fix". She always seems to read my mind and include the exact products I have been pining away for, as well as new ones that I wouldn't have thought to try . . . and quickly become new favorites! She has such a talent for making me feel creative with her kits. Thank you, Noel and the rest of the team for having me!



Today I have a scrapbook page to share with you using the brand NEW Mistletoe & Holly kit (Hurry! Only two left!). The first snowstorm of the year is always a magical day. My kids can't wait to don their snow clothes and head out for some slippery fun with their sleds. It doesn't matter if there are only a few inches on the ground, they find a way to make a snowman and take several rides down the hill before it melts away again.


For the color scheme on this page I decided to pull out the white, kraft, pink and blue colors from the Mistletoe and Holly kit. These colors look great with my daughter's snow clothes and portrays the ice-y feeling that I was going for. I used my Cricut machine to cut a few snowflake accents from the white cardstock and added a My Mind's Eye pink gem to the center of each one to make them sparkle and tie in with the rest of the page.


I am in love with the Pink Paislee wood accents included in the Mistletoe and Holly kit. They have such a great vintage feel about them with their cream color. I gave them a "dusting of snow" by adding glitter to them. I also added glitter to the pennant border strip, as well as the top edge of the blue patterned paper layer at the top of the page. I love the way glitter always adds that perfect wintry touch!


Do you have any snow in your neck of the woods yet? Get out there and enjoy it with your children/grandchildren . . . and don't forget to snap a few snowy pictures to scrapbook!

See you again soon!

Jana

1 comment:

dstandard said...

WOW fabulous page! Congrats on the GD spot - Noel's kits are fabulous!