Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Heart of Gold Classic Kit: Ellie Belly

Happy Wednesday to all of our creative friends out there! It's Jana Eubank. I'm back to share another layout using the February Heart of Gold Classic Kit.

This week we are sharing what things on our projects are "Perfectly Paired" ... things that just seemed to go naturally together! I'm going to share with you the thing that started me off on this page, and you might be surprised!

But first, I learned something from creating this week with the "Perfectly Paired" theme at the forefront of my thoughts ... EVERY design decision I make seems to be based on items that I think pair well together ... I'll tell you what I mean as we go through the details of this page.

ELLIE BELLY


Valentine's Day can be counted as one of my favorite holidays ... I mean, as a crafter don't we love the opportunity to create cards and treats?! But I know that Valentine's/Love themed kits might be daunting for some people. I gotta say ... I LOVE them! I not only love the opportunity to scrapbook about Valentine's Day or Love, but also the other things in my life that I love. For example, this page of my daughter and her love for our dogs.

So what was the catalyst for this page? What was the one thing that first "paired" itself together in my mind? See that wood arrow with the pink ribbon! Yep! That little combination was calling my name ... and was the impetus of this page.

 
After deciding that I needed to have a page with this arrow on it, I worked on the layers from front to back ... I needed a home for that arrow, so I dug through the kit supplies and found this foil frame. Perfect! I can put a photo inside and have the arrow layer on top and point to the subjects ... *Proceed to find photos of my daughter with one of our pups.*

From there, I needed to choose papers to highlight my photos. The pink color of the ribbon and the wood tone of the arrow reminded me of pink and gold ... so that is what I ran with.

Pink and Gold! Another perfect pair! I love the way the photos looked with the pink background and the way the gold and white elements looked against it. Soft and pretty!



At this point I tucked a few doily and flower layers behind my photos and decided to pair them with hearts. Hearts and Flowers ... ANOTHER perfect design pair! :D


See that luscious champagne bow ... this was an out-of-the-norm design decision for me ... I NEVER put two different ribbons on a page. I usually just stick to one and pair it with twine or something like that, but for whatever reason (maybe it was that the champagne color of the ribbon picked up on the wood and gold tones going on in other parts of the page) it just worked!!! Don't be afraid to break your own rules. Pair two ribbons together if that is what your design heart is telling you to do!


Finally, here is a closer look at the journaling ... professing my daughter's love for her dogs. :)

I hope you enjoyed this little tour through my page ... What items is your creative heart telling you to pair together on your project this week?



1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh! I adore this. I TOTALLY LOVE THE BOW ON THE PHOTO WITH THE FLAIR CENTER.