Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sweet Moments | Vintage Charm Classic Kit

Happy Saturday scrappy friends! It's Laura here today sharing my first layout using the "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit!  This week is an open week for the DT which was great as I had a photo in mind to play with as soon as I saw the sneak peeks of this month's kit!  Actually, I pinched the picture off of my friends Facebook page, it is of her daughter and Fiance taken during a maternity photo shoot.  I knew when I saw it that I would want to create with it and send it to my girl friend.


I really loved the Jen Hadfield scalloped tape that came in this kit and wanted it to be a main feature on my layout, so after die cutting a heart from my background cardstock, I layered the scalloped tape behind it.  I adhered it first with Washi tape so that it was re-positional and then stitched around it with my sewing machine when I was finished.


I also added tiny bits of craft foam beneath the scallops to give them a little dimension.


Including my title, I created an embellishment triangle, beginning with this one to the left of my focal heart.  I doodled around some of the elements with a glittery Gelly Roller pen, just for fun!


I added lots of pop dots behind these elements, I love the subtle shadowing that the raised elements creates. You can also see the machine stitching that I added to the bottom and the right sid eof my page, where the cardstock and patterned paper meet.  I love this look.


My title was created using Thickers and a Jillibean Soup wood veneer word, which I added gold Color Shine to.

I am also sharing my first ever process video today. I have learned that creating these is an art form in and of itself and I have a lot to learn yet, like keeping my head out of the way (ha!) and tripod placement, but I would love for you to watch it if you have the time!


If you cannot view it for some reason, you can check it out here on my YouTube channel.

Supply list:  We R Memory Keepers "Honey I'm Home" patterned paper (moments), printed wood pieces and stickers; American Crafts white cardstock; Jen Hadfield "Home + Made" scalloped tape; Jillibean Soup wood veneer words; gold Thickers; Maggie Holmes crepe paper embellishments; Pretty Little Studio cut a part garland flags and die cuts; Twinery gold glitter twine; Simple Stories "Bloom and Grow" bradz; Pink Fresh Studio foiled epoxy stickers; Heidi Swapp gold color shine. (From my stash: Clearstar Gelly Roller pen)

I can't wait to share more layouts (and hopefully process videos) with you using this kit, it is an amazing one and I have been so inspired to play with it!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments: