Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Vintage Charm Kits: Grateful & Blessed

Hi Friends! Jana Eubank here. I'm back with another project using both the Vintage Charm Classic kit and the Vintage Charm Daily Diary kit together.

This week the design team challenge is called "Our House." We were to use a house icon on our project, create a layout about our home, or create a home decor item. I chose to cut out the cut little house icon from the cut apart WRMK journal cards from the Daily Diary Kit. Can you spot it on my project? *wink*

GRATEFUL & BLESSED


This page was a lot of fun to put together! I chose to pull out the Simple Stories Bloom & Grow papers from the kit and combine them together with the warm wood and kraft elements of the lace flowers, kraft butterflies, and wood veneer pieces.


The script wood words were something I picked up in the Michael's Dollar bin one weekend. They were different colors, so I painted them with a warm yellow acrylic paint and then brushed over the top of them with the Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine (included in the Vintage Charm Classic Kit) for a bit of shimmer. I love the way they turned out!


I die cut the ampersand from one of the Simple Stories journal cards (the patterned side) using my Silhouette Cameo machine. I then nestled the little house cut out on top of the "Blessed" word, accenting it with a little die cut leaf.


Will you be joining in on the "Our House" design challenge this week? We'd love to see what you create!

See you next time!



No comments: