Thursday, October 12, 2017

fall love and Apple Crisp home decor

This week I decided to go away from my normal 12x12 paper layout. Instead of a page I created an altered item, which seems to be the thing to do this week as we try to incorporate mixed media items to our projects.  I hope you've been enjoying all of the fall home decor ideas on the blog this week. 


I started with a plain wood slat heart decoration that I'd purchased quite a while ago at a craft store. 

I painted the slats with acrylic paint alternating white and light gray. 

From there I chose a picture of my girls from a recent trip to a local pumpkin patch. 

I mounted my photo on a piece of chipboard that was used as packing material in my Apple Crisp Daily Diary kit.  I thought that it would give some texture to my project and I liked how the brown contrasted with the painted colors of the wood. 


I used a couple of pieces from the kit and painted them a light aqua color to contrast with the browns and orange. I also used a large flower punch on a variety of patterned papers to make more embellishments for the project. I crinkled the paper before punching it to add more texture to the flowers. 

I cut the "I love you more" sentiment from the Jillibean Soup Bite Size Bits paper and mounted that onto a dark brown paper. I added foam adhesive to the center of the word strip before adding it to give dimension to the sentiment. 


I tied the golden thread from the kit around my photo a few times and tied it in a bow. I added some paper flowers from the kit along with the ones I'd punched from patterned paper. I added enamel dots to the centers of the punched flowers. The gold scalloped tape is from my craft supply. 



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments: