Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Birthday Party Album


The idea of using a "two-up" album, scrapbook-style, is not a new one, but I still think it's a great one! I have a really hard time scrapping event photos (like from birthdays and holidays), so an album like this where I can keep all the photos together for display, and still make pretty is perfect for me!

I used one of my favorite lines from Cosmo Cricket, Hello Sunshine, because it's very happy and great for boys and girls! I also added in some of my favorite Thickers (oooh they're on sale!), some Stickles, a few other stickers from my stash, and a little old school paper piecing! ;)
(These are the intro page to each party.)

I want to add a tab in each section of the book for each birthday party featured; as you can see, I'm not quite caught up on our birthdays (this picture is from a couple of years ago!). I'm also adding journaling cards in on each section to give a brief description of the party or anything else I want to add!

4 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

I, too, struggle with all the birthday shots . . . this is such a great idea!

Noel said...

Wow...excellent idea! And I love that paper too...it's just "Happy" and perfect for a birthday album! Have fun on your little getaway!

MichelleB said...

Love this book idea! Cute pages!

Greta Adams said...

this is great V...i love how you dedicated an album for that...and i love your paper piecing and your cupcake