Friday, February 13, 2009

I love you and a Valentine's Door Hanger

Here is my entry for our current recipe challenge over on the challenge blog. I used a sketch from http://bsketches.blogspot.com/. She has beautiful inspiration on her blog so be sure to stop over there and browse around! I used some AC stash I had from a year or two ago. It felt good to use that up!

This is my make and take for today over at the crop! Click the MB link over to the right to join in on the fun!
I was racking my brain for a cute handmade item to give my husband this weekend. And we all know what guys want for Valentine's Day...right ...I don't have to spell that out for you. So I was thinking it would be romantic to make a little "Do Not Disturb" sign for our bedroom door and when he sees that hanging on the doorknob that could be out little "signal" to each other. Naughty in a cute way!
Here is my final hanger. I think it turned out really cute and looks perfect on our door, however I couldn't get a good picture there, so I took it outside for some better lighting. The cardboard is cut to 4.5"x9"...so use that (or close to) as your base measurement and go from there. That should hang just right from your doorknob. Also, if you use corrugated cardboard you will need to use quite a bit of glue to hold the paper on. Tape runner doesn't work very well for me.
These are quick and easy and are sure to bring a smile to your guys face tomorrow night when you hang it up.

No comments: