Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Summer Adventures

Hello everyone ! I am here with you today, sharing some pocket pages all about a day adventure we had last summer.

I am still loving and using up my "Pack Your Bags" kit, as I used it for these pages.

During our stay at Grandma and Grandpa's last summer we spent the day up at Snowbird Resort. In the winter time is a ski destination, but it also has so many fun things to do in the summer.

They had lots of activities to keep us busy all day, and tire out the kids.  I think my plan backfired though, because I was soooo tired by the end of the day and the kids did not want to leave. Ha Ha.


Here is a closer look at the first page.

I really used lots of colors over the two pages. Sometimes I like to stick with a few colors, sometimes it's okay to use lots of colors.


As far as the title card goes, I used an abbreviation for Snowbird on top of the red banner sticker. I added in the name of the resort and the date. I felt that was good enough, and left it as that. Although, I added a few embellishments to the card.

I added lots of fun pictures from our day to help tell the story. The navy arrow card was perfect for this page, and I added a photo of all of us up on top of the ropes course. I added some phrase stickers from a previous kit, as you can see I am still loving them.


There were lots of fun die cut cards in this kit. I backed the geotag with different patterned paper for a fun look.


Another closer look at the first page.


Let's move on to the second page.

This one I changed up the page protector. I had lots of photos from this day and I needed something to help me add more photos.


A few close ups.

More fun with those die cut cards.


I included a numbered list of activities on this journaling card. Thought it was a fun way to document the different things we did. Plus who doesn't love a good hashtag card. Right ?!!!


Last cards and photos.


I want to finish off by saying that I wanted to keep the journaling cards/photos rather simple. Because the photos themselves were very busy. So I wanted to try to keep the focus on the photos and minimize the embellishments. But don't get me wrong, I still had fun adding things here and there.

Thanks for coming everyone ! Now go forth and scrap those travel photos.


No comments: