Friday, May 29, 2015

cool treats

The new Happy Go Lucky kit for June certainly lives up to its name! The bright colors make this kit such a fun one to work with! We haven't started our summer vacation here in eastern WA (couple more weeks!!!) but that didn't stop me from creating a summer layout using a photo from last year!
Last year I created a fun little summer mini where I used this photo (you can check it out here) but that didn't stop me from creating this page for my daughter's scrapbook!

Oh man, that popsicle paper!!! Seriously cute!!

Paint splatters - Mister Huey's mist in sky (Pack Your Bags classic kit)
There are lots of fun embellishments like stickers, chipboard accents, alphas, tags, etc that make jazzing up your pages super fun!
Quick tip - when I'm placing alphas on my pages I like to lightly adhere them from the bottom & line them up (and make adjustments) before I place them down permanently on my page. 

And since this layout is all about homemade lemonade popsicles, I thought I'd also share my recipe - click here! It's super easy and tastes soooo good. I make it all summer long :) 

Variations:
Mix with water per instructions & put into popsicle containers
Mix with sparkling water to give it some bubbly
Add freshly sliced limes
Add lemon syrup to crushed ice in a blender to make frozen lemonade

Bring on summer!!!

No comments: