Friday, May 1, 2015

first flight

You guys...I love this month's kit!! Seriously, the colors, the theme, it's all pretty fab!! So fab that I ended up getting both kits so you can be sure to see lots of projects from me using these kits :) 

I also have to confess something...I totally forgot this week the designers were sharing "cut & color" techniques/ideas. I got so excited to dig into the Pack Your Bags kits that I got sidetracked (happens a lot I'm afraid! lol) However, with my future projects I can almost guarantee that I'll be doing some of that!

So here is my layout for this week all about my littlest daughter's first flight that she took last year when we went on our first trip to Disneyland.
That suitcase paper...love, love, love! I told you guys I love this kit!

I had a another idea for this layout but when that didn't pan out I went back to my go to style which is creating sort of a grid of photos & working my embellishments, journaling, & title around that.
I used several rub-ons from the kit (be sure to use some pressure when putting those on!).

You'll also notice that the photos aren't the best (airplane + bad lighting = grainy photos). I've said it before that sometimes I'm totally ok if my photos aren't top quality because I'm more interested in telling the story (which is the most important in my book!)

I'll be back next time with (hopefully) a travel mini for our family's upcoming summer trip!!

No comments: