Friday, May 15, 2015

travel journal...Disney style!

My family doesn't usually do a ton of traveling. So when we do a big trip - like Disney - it's a big 'to do'!! Last year we went to Disneyland for the first time (awesome trip by the way!!) And since it was our first time there I wanted to make sure I documented everything (or close to it!). So I created a travel journal to take along with me to jot down notes, keep paper souvenirs, mementos, etc.

I'll share more about my process, what I bring with me, etc, in a future post.
So I started with a Basic Grey mini-album. I loved this book because it had regular paper for journaling mixed in with pocket pages, patterned papers, etc.

I pulled out my Pack Your Bags kits and used mostly elements from the Daily Diary kit along with those great orange OA alphas & kraft tape from the classic kit (sold out). Then I went through my book & decorated random pages, mostly ones where I had journaling.

You can see I don't do a ton of embellishing. Just a bit here & there to add some visual interest to my pages. Those 3x4 cards in the daily diary kit are perfect backdrop for photos!

This is not my scrapbook for my trip but rather a 'live' version of our trip...meaning, I jotted down notes about our trip as it was happening (or soon after). It's just a fun book to look back on when the trip was over and it helps when I'm creating our trip scrapbook because I can look back at my notes from the travel journal.
This book also ended up being an autograph book after my little one saw her older brother & sister getting autographs from the characters. I mistakenly thought she'd be too young to do that & didn't get her own book (I should have known better!) but I actually really like having the character autographs in this book!
You'll notice that there are some scribbles on a lot of the pages. My 3 yr old would color in the book when we were waiting in ride lines. On one of them she said "I gwaw Mayer" (I draw Mater). That's something I would never had remembered had I not written it down right there!!
This album had a couple pockets that I kept our schedule with our dining reservations, extra fast passes, memorabilia, etc. Some of it I have taken out to use in my trip scrapbook & whatever is left just stays in the pocket.

Having a travel journal is a fun way to remember all of the fun little details of your trip...Disney or otherwise :) I'll be back in the coming weeks with my process of taking and creating a travel journal on trips!

1 comment:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Very cool! Also so jealous that your kids met Dug from Up. I love Dug!!!!