Saturday, July 9, 2016

Summer Daze | Summer Lovin' Classic Kit

Hello friends!   It's Laura Whitaker here sharing a new layout and a short video.  The DT was challenged to use water-colours in some way on their projects this week.  How fun is that! I used water-colours in three ways on my page, so let me share them with you.

Summer Daze


This page documents the day my son and I took a few minutes away from unpacking to explore the beach at our new home, after our move last summer. I could not resist using this gorgeous patterned paper from Echo Park's Summer Party collection as my background, I just love that it looks like it was hand painted with water-colours! So that is the first way that I incorporated the water-colour challenge.


I used the "Peacock Feathers" Distress Crayon from my kit to add a water-colour look to the die cut clouds that adorn my layout.

I just love the way they look, the colour is so rich!  Here is a quick video to share my process.


That was the second way that I incorporated water-colours into my page!


The embellishments in the July kit are so super fun, the die cuts from Imaginisce blend so seamlessly with the puffy stickers from Elle's Studio and the brads and chipboard from Echo Park.

Just a tip, the acetate pieces from Imaginisce have a clear protective film on them that needs to be removed.


I haven't added ribbon to my layouts in quite a while, simply because I never remember to, so I am a bit out of practice.  This is why kits are so fabulous, everything is all together and it reminds you to use up your goodies!

The third way that I added water-colors to my layout was to use some of the leftover "paint"  from my clouds to "flick"onto my page


I used the washi tape in the kit as another layer and tore strips of it to tuck under my paper layers.


Supply List:
(From Kit) Echo Park Summer Party patterned papers "swimming fish", "beach love", vacation time"; American Crafts cardstock in Geyser; Elle's Studio Sunny Days cut outs and puffy stickers; Imaginisce Sunny ephemera and alpha stickers; Echo Park Summer Party chipboard, washi tape and brads; Tim Holtz Distress Crayon is Peacock Feather and Spiced Marmalade; ribbon. (From my stash) Tim Holtz Tiny Atacher; Dear Lizzy date stamp; CTMH black archival ink; Staedtler fine tip felt tip pin grey.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments: