Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Making some stuff with my Homespun Kit

This past weekend I had time to play around with my Homespun kit.
I love this kit!
The first thing I made was a little journal.
I found a 5x7 chipboard album in the $1 bins at Michaels a few weeks ago.
The album had 4 chipboard pages and came with 2 jump rings.
To make this journal, I took 2 of the chipboard pages, covered them with patterned paper from the Homespun kit, and used them as the front and back covers of the journal.


Here are a couple close up pics of the front cover.
The Homespun kit has some fun small embellishments that I used to decorate the cover!


Here is the inside of the front cover.

I cut down plain sheets of copy paper to make the pages for the journal.
{I like unlined journals!}
After I had the pages cut, I just used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes in the cover and pages.
I used the same patterned paper to cover the inside of the back cover as I used to cover the inside of the front cover.



And then here is the very back of the journal!


After I finished the journal I was on a roll so I made a couple of cards.




I'm telling you...I love this kit!
It is gorgeous!
*****
Have a great day friends!
gretchen

5 comments:

LisaDay said...

Oh my goodness, I love all of this!!!!

Virginia said...

Love. Love. Love!!!! Freaking awesome, Gretch!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

So cute Gretchen!!!

Margrethe said...

This is so gorgeous :)

Kimberly said...

Oh this is simply GORGEOUS Gretchen! I LOVE it! xx
Loves,
K