Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Workhorse of Scrapbooking: Two-page layouts, continued

Hi!
Gretchen here!
I want to follow up Jana's post from Monday.
She showed you how she made a 2-page layout without having to 2 pieces of the same patterned paper for the background.
Jana used kraft cardstock as the base of her layout and then she used strips of patterned paper to extend across both sides of the layout.
And I have another trick for you!
I too made a 2-page layout without having 2 sheets of the same patterned paper.
Instead I took 2 different sheets of patterned paper and cut each in half.
(so each sheet of paper ends up being 2 pieces of 6"x12" paper)
I used 2 pieces of plain ole white cardstock as the base of my layout.

Then I took one of the patterned papers that I cut in half and put one half on the far left side of my 2-page layout and the other half on the far right side of the layout.
Then I took the other sheet of patterned paper that I cut in half and added it to the middle of the 2-page layout.


Make sense??
Once I had my background created, I added the pictures and embellished from there!

I used a combination of 2 kits here.
Most of the layout is from the Homespun kit.
But since this a baby girl page, I wanted a little more pink on it!
So I grabbed the pink cardstock, pink plaid patterned paper, Hambly rub-ons, and bling from the Charm School kit and added some pink to the layout.
So are you a little less scared of 2-page layouts??
Maybe??!
I hope so!
:)
Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is STUNNING...and so creative with those honeycomb stickers. Love it!
xx
Loves,
K