Monday, March 19, 2012

Two Baby Ducklings


Our house sits between a water reservoir and a creek and every Spring we see a duck family or two make their way through. Sadly, last year, two baby ducks were separated from their mother and were wandering aimlessly around our yard. We took care of them for a few days until our neighbors decided to make them their pets. My kids had a blast watching and caring for those cute, little ducklings and wanted to pose with them for pictures as much as possible before they moved into their new home.


I used the Homespun Kit to scrap this fun summer memory and the colors were perfect for these shots! I used the spray mist from the kit on the white cardstock background and then built my page around the Studio Calico patchwork patterned paper. LOVE! The chipboard letters are from January's Cabin Fever kit. The letter stickers are from the Echo Park This & That Charming collection and were also included in the kit.


I cut out one of the Echo Park journaling cards and used it to hold the story of this page. The cream music note butterfly is one of the October Afternoon Farmhouse die cuts from the kit. I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch the light blue butterfly from patterned paper. The cute duckling paper piecing was created with my Cricut Expression machine and the Nate's ABC's cartridge. I added a gray pearl from my stash for his eye.


Scrapping these pictures has made me giddy for the warmer days ahead! I just love when all the cute creatures and critters start coming out and the kids can spend the day studying them and exploring nature.

Have a great week!

Jana Eubank

4 comments:

Vivianne Perez said...

I just Love your LO! I am a big fan. You inspire me so much. Thanks for sharing you creations with us!!

Kimberly said...

This is so DARLING Jana! I LOVE it all! so super cute with the duck and pond! xx :)
Loves,
K

Barb said...

Sooooo cute!! How fun for your kids.

Gretchen said...

cute layout Jana!!